Chill milk instantly to 4o C, within seconds!
Promethean’s Rapid Milk Chiller is a modular milk chilling system that instantly cools milk from 35o to 4o C without a diesel generator. The system can chill 1000 litres of milk per day, even if there is no power during the milk collection by using only 4 hours of intermittent grid power between each milking shift. The Rapid Milk Chiller is ideal in situations where there is a long gap between the milking by the farmers and the milk reaching the collection centre.
By eliminating a Diesel Generator set, Promethean Milk Chiller provides the most cost effective way of collecting top quality chilled milk from village milk collection centers where grid power is erratic.
|1 – Thermal Storage System (TSS)|
|2 – Chiller Unit (CU)|
|3 – Milk Heat Exchanger (MHE)|
|4 – Milk Cooling Tank (MCT) – Optional|
Instant Milk Cooling
- Crash cooling arrests bacteria growth instantly.
- Premium quality enables longer shelf life of processed milkand higher margins on value-added products.
- Capture more farmers in the catchment area.
- Thin film on the surface cooler de-aerates the milk.
Cold Storage Backup
- Eliminates diesel generator.
- Low maintenance & operating costs.
- Unlike electrical batteries, thermal battery does not need to be replaced every 3 years.
- Works with single phase connection at village collection centers.
- Easy manual cleaning.
|Milk Heat Exchanger (cools milk from 35o to 4o C in 1 pass)|
|Rated Capacity||210||Litres / Hour|
|Holding Funnel Capacity||60||Litres|
|Dimensions||0.76 X 0.76 X 1.7||Metres|
|Thermal Storage System|
|Time to Recharge||5-Apr||Hours|
|Dimensions||1.2 X 1.2||Metres|
|Chiller Unit (refrigeration system for charging TSS)|
|Compressor Type||Copeland Scroll|
|Average Cooling Capacity||5||kW|
|Designed Ambient Temperature||50||Deg C|
|AC Power Supply||220 / 50||Volt / Hz|
|Maximum Operating Current||16||Amps|
|Milk Storage Cum Cooling Tank (optional)|
|Dimensions (L X B X H)||1.96 X 1.08 X 1.35||Metres|
Average milk temperature during milking with Rapid Chilling is less than that with bulk milk cooling